La Poste De Côte d'Ivoire
Official website: http://www.laposte.ci/
The postal service began in Côte d'Ivoire, July 29, 1843 at Assini where the first post office was opened on August 17th 1862 Those of Grand-Bassam and Adiaké open their doors nearly a century later, in 1945, followed by the installation of a true Post and telecommunications (APT) by the colonial power. The Post Office will not know any significant change until 1975 when the Office is born of Posts and Telecommunications. This will be split in 1984, giving birth to the National Post Office and the Office National des Telecommunications. The NPO will be transformed May 15, 1991 and became the Ivorian Company of Post and Savings, a private capital of 3 billion CFA francs, 98% owned by the state and 2% by the company staff. SIPE is dissolved and replaced June 30, 1998 by the current organization under the name of La Poste in Côte d'Ivoire.